Bone marrow falls into one of those categories for me that, if it’s on the menu, I’m going to order it. It’s right up there with sea urchin, foie gras and caviar – decadent, rich, a little goes a long way. This roasted bone marrow recipe is a quick and simple way to prepare it at home for a light snack or appetizer, save yourself $15 or $20 and cement your status as a culinary genius with anyone who tries it. The sauce is a modified chimichurri sauce which contains all the items needed to make that liquid gold bone marrow sizzle with flavor – acid, herbs, salt and pepper.
- 2 lbs bone marrow, cut (lengthwise is okay)
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- Hearty white bread or baguette, sliced and slightly toasted
Modified chimichurri sauce
- 1½ tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425F. Sprinkle bone marrow with salt and pepper and cook about 15 minutes, or until the bone marrow is bubbling between the marrow and the bone.
- While bone marrow is cooking, mince the cilantro and add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Remove the bone marrow from the oven, sprinkle with more sea salt, top generously with modified chimichurri sauce and serve with bread. Enjoy and Cheers, my friends!